On January 4th, 2016 Lebanon’s new government passed two needed decrees that had delayed development of an offshore oil and gas sector since 2013. Without the decrees, one pertaining to block delineation and the other to the Tender Protocol and Exploration and Production Agreement (EPA), international oil companies cannot bid for rights to explore for oil and gas in Lebanese waters.
On the 26th of July, parliament joint committees approve Whistle Blower Protection law
On September 6th, 2018 the following joint parliamentary committees were present during a joint parliamentary meeting and approved the draft law.
- Committee of Finance and Budget
- Committee for National Defense, Interior and Municipalities
- Committee for National Economy, Trade, Industry and Planning
- Committee for Agriculture and Justice
- Committee for Public Works, Transport, Energy and Water
- Committee for administration and justice.
Parliament holds a general assembly and ratifies the law "Whistle Blower Protection Law" (Law 83/2018)
Parliament holds a general assembly and ratifies the law "Strengthening transparency in the petroleum sector" (Law 84/2018). Law is accessible here.