The LCPS and the LPA discussion group recommend six actions to develop the petroleum sector:
- The government must approve the two decrees as soon as possible so the bidding process is not further delayed
- There is a need to develop a mechanism to monitor the costs incurred by International Oil Companies once the exploration begins
- The government must estimate the domestic energy needs for the next 20 years so it can use this as a basis for negotiation with international oil companies
- The government must develop health and safety regulations
- The government must develop an industrial plan to encourage the creation of a new energy intensive sector to create jobs
- There is a need to reform the educational institutions to further develop human resource skills.
Like this Article? Share it!