LOGI invites you to submit an art piece that expresses how you think oil and gas discoveries in Lebanon might impact you.
The oil and gas sector could be vital in shaping the future of our country, good or bad. This is an opportunity to use art to express our hopes and fears, raise awareness on the topic and help engage other Lebanese on this important issue.
Please find below all the details to participate in LOGI's Art Competition:
1. Eligibility: Open to all. Participants are not required to have a specific background in art or design.
2. Competition Categories: The Art Competition encompasses two art categories as follows:
3. Language: if writing will be included in the art piece feel free to use any of the following languages: English, Arabic or French.
4. Originality: Any participant presenting an artwork proven copied or derived from a copyrighted work is immediately disqualified.
5. Content: Presented art forms should reflect the benefits and/or the disadvantages of having oil and gas resources without targeting any political figure or party.
6. Multiple works per participant: Participants can submit multiple submissions.
7. Deadline: Submission should be completed before 11:59 PM on December 13, 2016. Participants who fail to send the picture or scanned copy of the artwork before the above-mentioned deadline will not be considered for the competition.
8. Registration: Participants should register by filling an Online Form prior to submission.
9. Submission: Participants are required to send a high-resolution picture or scanned copy of the artwork (minimum of 700 kilobits and 1000*800 pixels) as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Name – Art Competition” in the subject window.
In the body of the email please include the following information:
10. Judging process: Winners of the competition will be selected in two steps:
Step 1: Top 50 participants qualify
This phase will involve a pre-screening by LOGI members to ensure only high-quality submissions and no plagiarism. Once a piece of art is admitted in the competition, Facebook users will submit their votes in the form of "likes" on LOGI's Facebook page. Only likes on the art published on LOGI's Facebook page will be considered, and not the likes on the candidates personal Facebook pages.
Step 2: Final winners selected by jury members
A board formed of 5 jury members will pick 6 winners from the Top 50 submissions selected in Step 1. They will use the assessment criteria below.
11. Assessment Criteria: art forms will be assessed based on four criteria:
12.Prizes: Each category will have three winners: 1st Place, 2nd Place, and 3rd Place winners.
14. Oil and Gas 101: Participants are invited to watch the following 3 minutes video aimed at giving candidates high-level concepts on oil and gas to help them think through the message they want to articulate through their art. You can learn more by visiting LOGI's full website, and please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly with any questions at email@example.com